• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cab Heater Options

oldshep

Where can I get a marydyne 5000 cab heater? Does anyone have one of these? Im interested to know how well they work and of course how much they cost. Thanks.

JxxxOxxxE

Speaking of heaters, it's just now getting cool around here at night. what, if anything can i do to make my factory heater work better? It doesn't seem to blow very hot air, just warm, and not warm enough to do anything....

Heath_h49008

A gentle flush with toilet bowl cleaner might be what you need. disconnect the hoses, drain the AF from it, and push the acid into it to sit for about 20 minutes... then flush with a garden hose in both directions.

It will clean out rust, crud, and bars leak scum...

Just the heater core, not the engine.

wikallen

Speaking of heaters, it's just now getting cool around here at night. what, if anything can i do to make my factory heater work better? It doesn't seem to blow very hot air, just warm, and not warm enough to do anything....
Winter cover, or cardboard. Big difference in the amount of heat.

SteveKuhn

Typo: It's 'Maradyne'.

Welcome to Maradyne will give you their products incl the 5000, probably dealers.

at Google, search "maradyne heater site:steelsoldiers.com" (no quotes) for references on SS

BoyceEquipment.com lists the 8000 Maybe they can get the 5000.

steelandcanvas

There is an article in one of the PS Magazines, showing a proper installation and an improper one. I tried to find it but couldn't. Maybe Bjorn will chime in and post it, I know he has it. One of the coolant lines maybe installed in the wrong location, I'd start there. Unfortunately they are not very efficient, mine won't drive you out of the cab, but will take the edge off the biting cold.

SteveKuhn

There is a parallel thread from a couple of days ago, http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/76345-looking-heater-advice.html that showed the in-cab mounting of the stock heater, meaning it doesn't pull in external air. Good comments on the results. Improvement might be gained by redoing the intake to recirculate rather than pull in from the outside rather than doing a whole in-cab remount.

I follow these threads because I don't have a heater yet. Not sure if the idea above is as easy as I make it sound, but . . .

BTW, from what I read, the Deuce coolant heater is rated at 30K BTUs, same as the fuel, nothwithstanding engine warm up time. Considering that the average electric room heater is about a tenth of that, I gotta figure it has something to do with the rigging and with the front covering.

The in-cab Jeep heaters get good reviews and they're 20K.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks