• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cab lift hisssss when activated

BERZERKER888

Steel Soldiers Supporter
when attempting to raise the cab, pushing the "pump" switch results in a hissing sound but no movement of the cab... thoughts?

Ronmar

Where exactly is the air coming from? Could simply be a leak and the air piston cannot build enough pressure to cycle against the hydraulic resistance. It could be the mechanism is stuck mid cycle or has a bad air piston seal… someone did a video showing an overhaul, think it is on youtube…

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Control knobs not in correct position? I put all of them on where they are supposed to be not half way in between even if the function is not the one I need.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
There are 2 types of control pushers. Unscrew it see if there is a small cartridge behind it. The cartridges go bad and when you press the button air will just come out a vent on the back of the hyd box.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hard to tell from the video, because we can't hear where it comes from.

Pushing that button sends air to the pump up behind the cab/spare. Could the be the air line, the pump, or the button (probably in that order).

Last edited:

BERZERKER888

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hard to tell from the video, because we can't hear where it comes from.

Pushing that button sends air to the pump up behind the cab/spare. Could the be the air line, the pump, or the button (probably in that order).
I am completely giving up on this 1081 because of the owner appears to have veracity issues.... on to the next !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks