• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cab mount?

brandan34

One of the front cab mounts got ripped off putting the cab back on, the other looks weathered. Ei has new ones for 260 plus shipping.

Near as i can tell the flu419 front cab mount is one of a kind. Is there a reason they use that style?

Wondering about changing styles to a more normal kind. Yes i would need to make a different mount. If done right it might be easier to tilt the cab.

Anyone have any experience or thoughts on this?

The people who add a turbo probably have done something similar to make room for the turbo.

brandan34

I ended up getting the front cab mount for a 404(I think that is the model). They only have three mounts, one in front and the two on the back.

Took a little fab work to get a spot to mount it. Then went to bolt it and I have no idea how they get room to install the back two of the three bolts. Even if I had used studs I do not see how that could be done. I ended up welding the bottom piece on, the pic just show a spot weld, forgot to photograph finished project. If I ever need to change it I will not be happy with myself. If anyone else needs to replace a front mount consider a single one in the center. I have not tested it a lot but seems to work for now.1203231229_HDR.jpg1202230105.jpg1202230105.jpg1203231229_HDR.jpg

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks