• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cab to box power

Chaos-13

Hi all.....any input on a power cable/connector that runs from the cab to the utility box.....for sale .....or otherwise.....or how to make one ...looked around and didn't see any talking points on it

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have the cable right there. Don't you see it? Aint no cable that goes from the 24 volt slave receptacle on the cab to the 110 volt input on the van.

Chaos-13

You have the cable right there. Don't you see it? Aint no cable that goes from the 24 volt slave receptacle on the cab to the 110 volt input on the van.
There's definitely no power going to it.....the only thing going from the truck to the box is the diesel line for the box heater

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a connector sticking out of the van that is about as big around as your thumb with wires coming out of it, that leads to the 24 volt power on the chassis. Trace it out and see why no 24 volts is getting back there.

Chaos-13

There is a connector sticking out of the van that is about as big around as your thumb with wires coming out of it, that leads to the 24 volt power on the chassis. Trace it out and see why no 24 volts is getting back there.
Will do....so what are the other big a** plugs for ?......I really can't find any info about this part of the truck.....everything else sure....

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The big plugs are to feed the van circuits from a remote power source. Not 24 volts

Chaos-13

Ok....ty....ill take a look and see
So there's no power inverter ?.....i thought it converted from 24v to 115v.....am I completely wrong ?......so the 115v is only active from an outside source ?.....btw....got the heater blowing ...christ its smokey after not being used for decades...

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No 24 to 115 converter. What is on the wall in the van is a 115 to 24 converter. So you can run the 24 volt lights with the engine off from 115 volt shore power.

Chaos-13

No 24 to 115 converter. What is on the wall in the van is a 115 to 24 converter. So you can run the 24 volt lights with the engine off from 115 volt shore power.
Gotcha...its all making sense now....lol...so now I need to find that plug to be able to use and test everything

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks