• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cabin harness problems

1984redcucv

Hi guys, I recently purchased a 84 m1009 and everything was going well till I decided to take apart the dash to clean it. Does anyone know the the order of the cabin harness? I found a thread somewhere else and this is the order its giving me.
1. Bright indicator
2.Dash illumination light
3.Oil Pressure low light
4. 4x4 indicator
5. Ground for dash lights on the left
6. alternator #2 (truck had 2 alternators)
7. Also goes to Alternator #2 - Ground maybe
8. Alternator #1
9. Ground for lights
10. Left turn indicator
11. Right turn indicator
12.Ground
13. Light below speedo, left side
14. Light below speedo, right side
15. light below fuel level, left side
16. also light below fuel level, left side
17. light below fuel level, right side - low coolant
18. Fuel Gauge

I put a tester on it n my #7 is at 25.2 volts all the time. Is that suppose to be at 25.2 volts if its a ground?

Dispatcher7

Hi guys, I recently purchased a 84 m1009 and everything was going well till I decided to take apart the dash to clean it. Does anyone know the the order of the cabin harness? I found a thread somewhere else and this is the order its giving me.
1. Bright indicator
2.Dash illumination light
3.Oil Pressure low light
4. 4x4 indicator
5. Ground for dash lights on the left
6. alternator #2 (truck had 2 alternators)
7. Also goes to Alternator #2 - Ground maybe
8. Alternator #1
9. Ground for lights
10. Left turn indicator
11. Right turn indicator
12.Ground
13. Light below speedo, left side
14. Light below speedo, right side
15. light below fuel level, left side
16. also light below fuel level, left side
17. light below fuel level, right side - low coolant
18. Fuel Gauge

I put a tester on it n my #7 is at 25.2 volts all the time. Is that suppose to be at 25.2 volts if its a ground?
I am probably as new to these trucks as you are. But, I found my dash cluster pin #7 was the hot lead too, and the wire color on pin 7 matched the hot wire color. So either the diagrams are wrong, or it depends on who put it together at the assembly plant and some are backwards.

1984redcucv

I am probably as new to these trucks as you are. But, I found my dash cluster pin #7 was the hot lead too, and the wire color on pin 7 matched the hot wire color. So either the diagrams are wrong, or it depends on who put it together at the assembly plant and some are backwards.

Thanks for the input appreciate it. Is 24 volts suppose to be going into the dash?

1984redcucv

on that one wire yes. I believe all others will be 12 or ground.

any idea what that 24 volt is suppose to run to? When I plug in the dash I lose turn signals. The guy I bought it from had a plow on it and it looks like he had a jumper wire connected to the back of the print circuit board (by a light) which was tied into the fuse box signal fuse. When the dash isn't plugged in I have signals.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks