• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CAD model for 3D printed CS6369 twist lock receptacle cover.

Digger556

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For the MEP-802a and MEP-803a generator guys, I like to refit my units with twist lock connectors. While the 30 amp twist locks are flush mount and easy to purchase with a cover, the common 50 amp twist locks protrude from the wall face. I CAD modeled a cover that works similar to the 24V NATO receptacle cover and includes a retention tab to tie off a string so it doesn't get lost. CAD files can be found here:

1691977354556.png

20230813_185301.jpg
20230813_185328.jpg

For those looking to make the same mod, here is the receptacle I used:

Last edited:

Icesythe7

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For the MEP-802a and MEP-803a generator guys, I like to refit my units with twist lock connectors. While the 30 amp twist locks are flush mount and easy to purchase with a cover, the common 50 amp twist locks protrude from the wall face. I CAD modeled a cover that works similar to the 24V NATO receptacle cover and includes a retention tab to tie off a string so it doesn't get lost. CAD files can be found here:

View attachment 903562

View attachment 903563
View attachment 903564
Would you mind editting the original post for the exact plug you used please! And thanks for the model gonna print it myself in the AM!

Digger556

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's great! Good looking print.

What a world we live in that something I finished designing two hours ago, now exists 1200 miles away.

Reactions: HDN

Digger556

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the no-mod bracket! Very nice.

I've found the Marinco plugs are the biggest OD and therefore the tightest fit on the cap, but if you run it on and off a few times, it breaks in nicely.

Icesythe7

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the no-mod bracket! Very nice.

I've found the Marinco plugs are the biggest OD and therefore the tightest fit on the cap, but if you run it on and off a few times, it breaks in nicely.
Fit great for me right out of the printer, snug but not super tight, so it works rather nice...pleased with the outcome of both mods for sure, the bracket is very robust with 6 walls and 50% infill...am able to push/pull the entire generator just by the plug (on casters) without the plate even flexing so it should last a rather long time (printed again in ABS for heat resistance.)

P.S. You should put your models on printables aswell that way you can get points for free filament xd

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks