• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Caiman MTV

nwmellen

My department has acquired a Caiman MTV through the government LESO 1033 program. Our Dual-Circuit, Four Channel Air, Anti-Lock Braking system recently failed. The military part number listed in the TM's is 1000563 and it goes to the Chamber, Air Brake (rear) brake. We called the manufacture and can not find a NSN number associated with the part or a civilian part number for the part. I am trying to find where I can get this part. Any suggestions

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you post a picture of the component, also any info off the part, the p/n you listed is not showing up.

nwmellen

I'm having trouble uploading an image. Sometimes it gives me a browse option other times it doesn't. Either way when I post the pic it just says I did not specify a thread??? I didn't think I needed to since I'm responding on my thread lol.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Premier Metal Buyers in Brenham, TX.

There was some posts here with pics when they were scrapping all those mraps. Others here might have a number as they were a very popular place to get tires and high speed gear sets.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The link Warthog came up with has several interchangable partnumbers, do a little part number searchs, Aero Group had price history from $177 - $321. These MVs can get expensive, especially MRAPS.

nwmellen

Yeah was hoping to find a national stock number I could search in the 1033 program. If I could find it there our agency only has to pay 5% of the original cost. If not, it still has to get operational. The cost of doing business I guess. Thanks for the help.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's the Caiman MTV with independent suspension
OK. What we are often seeing on these is the rear axle disc brake calipers won't release fully and so far the reason why is a mystery. Arvin Meritor, the mfg of the axle assemblies, is not supporting this product. So many agencies are stuck with an unsupported platform. Good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks