• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CALIFORNIA - Camp Delta 2014 FALL Meet at Tower Park

Major Asstyrd

The FALL meet at Tower Park is September 21-28, 2014. It is the second largest annual western MV swap meet and gathering, hosted by Military Vehicle Collectors of California at Stockton/Delta KOA, 5 miles west of Lodi on Route 12. Featuring "Weaselfest and Other Tracked Things" with People's Choice contest and cash prizes by co-sponsors Hagerty Collector Vehicle Insurance and Surplus City Jeep Parts. Spud Gun Shoot sponsored by Blazing Wood BBQ Sauce (MVCCer Ray Jones's company). Air powered only. Dinners Th-Sat. including an Oktoberfest on Friday. "Ladies Winery Luncheon" Thursday and an "Apron Day Social" on Friday featuring vintage aprons. Award recognition for "Longest Distance Driving a MV," "Longest Distance Bringing a MV," "Longest Distance Travelled," and "Hard Luck Award." Camp Patriot display. More activities such as seminars, discussion groups, and staged MV photos are welcome - contact me to get them on the Official Schedule! No vendor fee except campsite charge. Vendors must rent campsites.
Cooper shopping.jpg

No admission or parking fees. Free day-use MV parking. Low cost living history camping. Pool with water features, kids jump bag, play structure, dog run, restaurant, bar, marina. Hotels 5 miles away at I-5 freeway. First Sunday and Monday are for "early birds" and last Sunday is pull-out day. All welcome! Camping: call KOA at 800-562-0913 and ask for Campground 4. Note this is a different procedure than for the April meet. Facility info: http://koa.com/campgrounds/stockton/. Activities Coordinator: John at in_garage@hotmail.com or 415-491-1601.

Current and prospective MVCC and MVPA members interested to help run the 2016 MVPA National Convention in PLEASANTON, CALIFORNIA are invited to a meeting of committee members on Saturday at 1100. We will introduce committee heads. Anybody interested to help who has not put their name in should contact me via email.

Full Activities Schedule will be updated in the MVCC newsletters and updated on http://www.MVCCNews.net

Late addition: See the restored Patrol Boat, River (PBR) arriving Thursday mid-day and departing Friday noon. John Sorensen is making the four hour cruise and will phone me in the morning. I will post ETA on a sign at my campsite #297 (north of the big pool).

M20 with Girls.jpg

Last edited:

Major Asstyrd

We have nice campsites available in Campground 4. Reminder the reservation procedure is different for the September meet than for the April meet. Contact KOA directly via the number in the original post.

Major Asstyrd

We anticipate a first time event at the 2014 Fall Camp Delta. John Sorensen has just restored a Patrol Boat, River (PBR) and will be cruising it four hours to the meet from Napa on Thursday! Just like the old days when PBRs were stationed at Mare Island and trained in the Delta. John will be arriving in the 210 boat around mid-day and plans to depart Friday noon. In the morning he will call me with an ETA and I will post this on a sign at my Fall camp #297. Join us at the Rosa’s Restaurant deck to greet this welcome addition to our show!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks