• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can anyone identify this power source plug adapter...?

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can anyone identify this power source plug adapter...?

Mil spec, 12-48VDC Adjustable DC BattreyCharger, I am looking for the TM for this unit and have researched this to my wits end. I have 2 of these little gems for charging any battery bank from 12-48vdc. I do not know if the input is 240vac or 120ac I need a TM to verify.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for looking, Don

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A Google search for the TM number and I found this (the link is just one page of the whole TM) Section II. INSTALLATION PROCEDURE

It looks like you can set it for different input voltages And hz.

Last edited:

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OMG, you must have the super computer. Do you recognize these. Thats the one with the dent on the top,lol.

Thanks Dogg..!

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone have a OEM screw on power cord adapter to fit this..? I am thinking this is a standard size for AC

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, I see my signature on that unit...:oops:

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now thats the second time I have ever seen an embarrass simile from the Dogg, Your a good man thanks.

Keith_J

That is a Cannon Plug. You will probably need to make one, might be cheaper to set it up with a conventional power cord with NEMA type plug of correct amperage rating. Like those used for welders.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look real close on that 3 prong connector for a Nema number Don. It looks just like the receptacles I used to install for welders in industrial plants, but they were usually 4 prongs.

Once you have a NEMA configuration you can get a matching plug from the electrical wholesale house. If you do an internet search on NEMA configuration you will get the most common configs. If there is no NEMA number or part number on the receptacle, dig through the Hubbell catalog, as they probably made it, and if they didn't, they probably make one just like it.

Good luck :beer:

Keith_J

That IS a Cannon Plug on the machine. Not NEMA. Electrically, it is close to a NEMA 10-50 (line-line-neutral)

Hubbell won't have it, Allied might.

It is far over-sized since it works with both 50/60 Hz and 400 Hz. These require different transformers.

Keith_J

Ok, got my Allied catalog out. Measure the round, threaded connector. If 1-3/4" OD by 18 threads per inch, it is a size 28 which can be either a 28-3 which has #8 wire or a 28-4 which uses #4 wire. #4 supports 80 amperes, probably the case here.

Allied has the plugs.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
and the TM is on Liberated Manuals, there is also a -35 and a -24P manual to peruse.
Remember: -12 is operator and organization level
-24P is organization through depot with parts, and
-35 is maintenance facility through (essentially) factory level

3dAngus

Just for testing purposes, I went to Lowes and picked up a 240vac plug, cut the wires and soldered it in. It works fine, but needs a permanent mount bulkhead for safety. I used a welding cord and matching connectors to run to the wall. Uses 30amp fuses, puts out as much as 70amps at 28vdc, depending on need.

Don, you can pick up a new top when you stop by next month, provided you can get me the other. No problem.

rlwm211

here are the specs from LOGSA

Characteristics Data Response for NSN 6130-00-985-8157
Item Name: CHARGER,BATTERY
MRC Requirement Statement Clear Text Reply
NAME ITEM NAME CHARGER,BATTERY
ABBH INCLOSURE MATERIAL METAL
ABFY OVERALL DEPTH 22.000 INCHES NOMINAL
ABKW OVERALL HEIGHT 23.000 INCHES NOMINAL
ABMK OVERALL WIDTH 22.000 INCHES NOMINAL
ACYN AC VOLTAGE RATING 115.0 VOLTS MINIMUM AND
230.0 VOLTS MAXIMUM
ACYR DC VOLTAGE RATING 25.0 VOLTS MINIMUM AND 60.0
VOLTS MAXIMUM
ACZB FREQUENCY RATING 50.0 HERTZ MINIMUM AND
400.0 HERTZ MAXIMUM
AEVN REGULATION TYPE MULTIPLE STAGES
AKNA INCLOSURE TYPE CASE
AKWH CHARGER TYPE SOLID STATE SEMICONDUCTOR
AKWL CHARGING VOLTAGE IN VOLTS 28.0 MINIMUM AND 56.0
MAXIMUM
AKWM CHARGING CURRENT RATING IN 8.000 NOMINAL
AMPS
AKWP CHARGING REGULATION METHOD MAXIMUM TAPER
FAAZ PHASE SINGLE
FEAT SPECIAL FEATURES REGULATED OUTPUT PORM 1.5
PCT NO LOAD TO FULL LOAD;
FILTERED OUTPUT 1.5 PCT RMS
OF OUTPUT VDC; ADJUSTABLE
OUTPUT VDC

3dAngus

Yeah, it's a very clean, highly filtered power source for communication equipment up around 56vdc, but not sure what uses that in military equipment. In the 28vdc battery charge mode, it puts out from 1 amp to 70 amps for the deuce, depending on the state of the batteries. It's a heavy bugar, but durable.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I told you, you would think of me everytime you look at it(since I damaged it)!:-D

3dAngus

Doggie was a huge help for all of us at the Ga. Rally. He won my deepest respect.

It wasn't his fault. It was that darn bob(cat).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks