• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can I connect 2 MEP002's

LanceRobson

No, they cannot be synchronized.

The MEP-002A is rated at 52(?) amps but that is max output and they are I believe, rated at a power factor (PF) of 0.8. This means that they will produce the rated max for a short while but can be operated at 80% of data plate output continuously.

A 10 kW MEP-003A would be overloaded for your applicaton.

If you need 3 phase power,a 15 kW set would be adaquate but still heavily loaded. (15 kW= about 150 Amps at 120/208-3 phase x 0.8=120 usable Amps) All this assumes each leg is evenly loaded. If the load puts a heavier starin on one leg you still shouldn't go over the 0.8 PF or about 40 Amps at 208V per leg for a 15 kW set.

If your set up is single phase the picture gets a little tougher due to the 10 kW sets being the largest sets that can produce single phase power. All the 15 kW and bigger sets I've ever seen produce only 3 phase power.

Running a 3 phase set with two legs heavily loaded and one leg lightly loaded is a recipie for a dead generator.

Lance