• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can I use gasser downpipes?

Chuckanut

Hey guys I was wondering if I can use 454 down pipes on my m1028? I read that you can but I thought I would ask. I just want the front half of the exhaust to be smooth bends and not that rinkle bend stuff

cucvrus

Hey guys I was wondering if I can use 454 down pipes on my m1028? I read that you can but I thought I would ask. I just want the front half of the exhaust to be smooth bends and not that rinkle bend stuff
I had and M1009 that had an exhaust on it from a 305 /350 Blazer . The tailpipes looked like milkshake straws , but it worked. It was free and it was stainless steel front to back. Came off a state blazer that had a blown engine. Very rusty truck and the engine was bad before the exhaust was put on. I would say if it fits it’s exhausting.

ehuppert

I know the CUCV factory exhaust bolts up to SBC exhaust manifolds. Not certain on the BBC pipes. Typically I look up part numbers vs different applications to research, but walker has discontinued the down pipes so reference data not as easily available.

ehuppert

I took the 6.2 out and replaced with a small block. Did that twice (CUCV and a 82 C30) Stock diesel exhaust stayed in both trucks..... So, don't know about hangers or SB "exhaust"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks