• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can you help ID this trailer?

mr.travo

Have an old Unimog trailer. Trying to figure out nomenclature of it. It's in great shape. I'm not too knowledgeable on foreign trucks and trailers.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
dog.jpg dog2.jpg

Travo

Last edited by a moderator:

mr.travo

LOL! I just noticed that autocorrect put in "conversation" instead of "data plate". It does look close to that picture Trail Life but the tail lights are different. Just noticed that the plug says 24v.

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is a German made clone of a WWII Ben Hur 1 ton trailer. Once you remove the lighting system, it is very difficult to tell from the real thing.

mr.travo

It is a German made clone of a WWII Ben Hur 1 ton trailer. Once you remove the lighting system, it is very difficult to tell from the real thing.
Hmmmm ok. So were the German trailers 12v or 24v? This is interesting I love learning new things.

What are the things to look for that will give this away? There's a sticker on the tailgate that looks like this.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think they are 6 volt as they are supposed to be pulled by CCKWs. The giveaway is the builders data plate.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
It could still be an American Ben Hur that got re badged after the war. We gave them to all the NATO countries and in rebuild they got new data tags , dates and as the sticker shows it was brought home.
dog2.jpg

mr.travo

Looks like its from the Swiss military! I know Eurotruck brought in and sold a bunch of the Swiss Unimogs and Pinzgauers about 15 years ago.
Thank you. Yes I am pretty sure it's authentic given the data plates and stickers. Would you be able to take a stab at the nomenclature of the trailer?

Thank you for your help

Travo

mr.travo

Things are great. Strange enough, I live on Skyline! :D
Yes, I remember our conversation a couple years ago. I used to drive the loop by the mansion. Do you and your wife have a shop downtown? Mom was asking last year after GA rally.

Take care my friend. I'll send you a PM next time I'm in town.

Travo

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks