• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can you title/license ex-military vehicles in Minn?

undysworld

Hi,

Is it legal for an individual to title & license a collector military vehicle (more than 20 years old) in Minnesota?

The Wisconsin DOT is stating that only a nonprofit organization can title/license such a vehicle in Minnesota.

How 'bout it you guys in Minnesota, do you own any old iron?

Thanks in advance,
Paul Underwood

608 437-3465 if you've got any questions

dittle

I've gotten a M105A2 titled normally with the MN "plicker". My M35A2 (that I still have) is titled as a "Military Collector" vehicle but it takes special criteria to meet the "military" part of it. The other M35A2 that I had and sold (was still on the RGN and sold within an hour of parking the semi) was just licensed as a "Collector" vehicle as I wanted the cheapest license since I had already sold the truck. So short answer is yes and I have not had an issue licensing it as a collector truck. My buddy licensed his with a regular plate but not sure of the specifics.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unless something has changed yes you can. I have one deuce with regular "Y" plates and one with farm plates, other guys I have sold trucks to have licensed them as collector so I wouldn't think you would have a problem.

cyberspace_7

Yes the collector plates are the way to go unless you are going to use it as a daily driver! Even then though some officers don't care. But you will always run into that one that is "by the book". What are you looking at titling?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks