• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Canada - Prairies - (Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba)

m135project

Hey everyone! I need some help. I bought a 1956 M135 to rebuild. The issue is The guy I bought it from used it in the woods for the last 20 years, and never had a registration for it. It is complete and runs. I live in NB Canada. They are really strict on having a signed registration from the previous owner. There isn't one. So from what I can see as my only option is to buy just a registration and VIN plate from someone that has junked a truck then apply them to my truck. Not like anyone is going to check and I can restamp the frame. Anyone know of one for sale? And it has to be from Canada. I tried with a US one and way too much involved.

Attachments

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey everyone! I need some help. I bought a 1956 M135 to rebuild. The issue is The guy I bought it from used it in the woods for the last 20 years, and never had a registration for it. It is complete and runs. I live in NB Canada. They are really strict on having a signed registration from the previous owner. There isn't one. So from what I can see as my only option is to buy just a registration and VIN plate from someone that has junked a truck then apply them to my truck. Not like anyone is going to check and I can restamp the frame. Anyone know of one for sale? And it has to be from Canada. I tried with a US one and way too much involved.
Hey you're new here, welcome aboard. What the heck is wrong with Service New Brunswick? Within North America: 1-888-762-8600 (no charge dial). I was on hold for 15 minutes. Maybe Alberta is still working for the people because we take the number off the frame into the 'private' DMV branch, they run the number to see if any stolen hits come up, then they register us. The boys just insured and registered MLVW's so credit is due to our Alberta DMV I guess.....it even has MV in the title.

What the heck happens if someone moves to the bunkers in NB around Grand Manon, St. Andrews or the central heating plant at Gander. If I move unregistered parade vehicles from Alberta, I now wonder if NB will help get them on the road. Does not sound like they've been very helpful.

After 14 years I've only seen a half dozen trucks get registered. Finding what you're looking for might be possible from a mine company or farmer but geez man there's got to be an easier, faster way.

m135project

Hey you're new here, welcome aboard. What the heck is wrong with Service New Brunswick? Within North America: 1-888-762-8600 (no charge dial). I was on hold for 15 minutes. Maybe Alberta is still working for the people because we take the number off the frame into the 'private' DMV branch, they run the number to see if any stolen hits come up, then they register us. The boys just insured and registered MLVW's so credit is due to our Alberta DMV I guess.....it even has MV in the title.

What the heck happens if someone moves to the bunkers in NB around Grand Manon, St. Andrews or the central heating plant at Gander. If I move unregistered parade vehicles from Alberta, I now wonder if NB will help get them on the road. Does not sound like they've been very helpful.

After 14 years I've only seen a half dozen trucks get registered. Finding what you're looking for might be possible from a mine company or farmer but geez man there's got to be an easier, faster way.
Yeah it is terrible here to try and get something registered. It's even so bad that if you do have a registration paper for a vehicle it has to be the newest one. They wont even take an old one here. I can get a registration out of the states, but I have to show paperwork and inspection from the vehicle crossing the border. So that's out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks