• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Canadian Chinese Auto Insurance Scams.

wilkusmcrecon

OH Boy, I was warned when I entered Canada that Chinese's gangs where running auto wreck scams all over Canada. Well [FONT=&quot]apparently[/FONT] I'm caught up in one. My wife asked me on Saturday morning (four months after the fact) who I hit in Canada. I told her that was not funny, as I had no problems nor any issues other then two small thefts in the US and a busted belt 30 miles from home. I never hit anyone in any way. I do believe if I rear ended someone in a m9 5 ton that I would know about it. The letter states I may be responsible for hitting another vehicle and please send them my insurance information so Mr. Chan can get reimbursed for the damaged cause his vehicle. (F*#@) him.

When I called the Insurance Bureau of Canada they informed me that Chines gangs are staging accidents with anyone who has out of country license plates. They will get your plate number and bring a already wrecked vehicle to reported accident site and stage it and then call the police. While the police are taking the information a witness pulls up and give them the license plate of the vehicle they witnessed hitting the wrecked vehicle. Before the cops can really check the vehicle a tow truck arrives after the cop takes the pictures and its gone for the next wreck they are planning.

BULLLLLLLLL. Called my insurance company and they asked me if I wanted to file the claim. I told them **** no I hit no one and this is a scam. I told them I will hold this info and see where this will go for now. They have noted the info and the possibility of fraud. Look like a fishing trip for info.

I think they saw that big US Military vehicle that it would be an easy mark and a fast pay out. NOT ON MY DIME.

It never ends.

Chris W

CMPPhil

Hi

Thanks for the heads up. One of the reasons I drive with a Gopro running when l'm driving one of my MVs. Save all the video great watching them on the side screen of my computer station in the winter.

Cheers Phil

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi

Thanks for the heads up. One of the reasons I drive with a Gopro running when l'm driving one of my MVs. Save all the video great watching them on the side screen of my computer station in the winter.

Cheers Phil
I'm confused as to how a dashcam would resolve this issue. We've got a staged accident that includes everything but the guy's truck. Staged on a different day, when he's 2000 miles away.

Just what video is he supposed to show to exonerate himself?

CMPPhil

Hi

The video would show what route the vehicle had taken, time data would show when. As the gopro shoots a wide angle out the front it would show the lack of the complaintant vehicle.

Some of the dash cams collect full GPS and meta data of the vehicle's travels.

Great for showing other driver ran the stop sign not so great when you run the stop.

Cheers Phil

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That sucks, thanks for making everyone aware. I checked out a few news reports and it's not as uncommon as one would hope. First time I've heard that method used so it's good to know. Dash cams could help but if you don't get a letter for 35 days and your camera loops in 30, a guy is outta luck. Removing the bad guys is optimum and I think these guys got away easy.

[h=1]Crash for cash' gang of 19 men and women who engineered 300 accidents to make £1.1m fake insurance claims are jailed for total of 24 years[/h]
If there's something that we could help with on this side of the border, just knock on the pm door. It's worthy of media attention!

wilkusmcrecon

That sucks, thanks for making everyone aware. I checked out a few news reports and it's not as uncommon as one would hope. First time I've heard that method used so it's good to know. Dash cams could help but if you don't get a letter for 35 days and your camera loops in 30, a guy is outta luck. Removing the bad guys is optimum and I think these guys got away easy.

Crash for cash' gang of 19 men and women who engineered 300 accidents to make £1.1m fake insurance claims are jailed for total of 24 years

If there's something that we could help with on this side of the border, just knock on the pm door. It's worthy of media attention!
The real problem here is $$$$$ as long as everyone makes a dime, and no one gets hurt they will look the other way. Why does it take 300 accidents to get caught people were making money (INSURENCE CO/criminals) and finally someone more important then me got pissed.

In my case, I believe I passed the very car that I reportedly hit. The day was correct the time is mostly likely incorrect (GO PRO could help there), but when a witness pulls up lies for his gang member you are pretty much dead in the water. The Cops know what's going on its just not a priority for them yet.

I will not pay this will, it will most likely cost me the ability to travel in Canada and see my family or attend the service for my mother who passed SHAME. I would love the chance just for a few min. Mr. Chan's time.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks