• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Canadian MLVW wheels

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
thank you both

that answers the question.

I am now on the hunt for 6 MLVW wheels . . .
I started digging for info today and what we know is the mlvw wheel market should see a lot of rubber soon. A pile of trucks went out to the public for scrap only. I was told the tires may start for as low as 100 CDN dollars per rubber and rim. I don't personally know the seller but I'll do what I can to get names.

You're in MO and there were around 59 trucks that just got bought out East. I'll dig some more and there should be an add for tires floating around soon. The name Walter Lee came up but it might be too early to see adds yet. I'll let you know what I find.

cdcommand.jpg

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Attachments

vnack

I like the look of the old split ring, but I love these from a practical sense, and they have a look all their own. Is it common to run them with or without run flats?

vnack

I started digging for info today and what we know is the mlvw wheel market should see a lot of rubber soon. A pile of trucks went out to the public for scrap only. I was told the tires may start for as low as 100 CDN dollars per rubber and rim. I don't personally know the seller but I'll do what I can to get names.

You're in MO and there were around 59 trucks that just got bought out East. I'll dig some more and there should be an add for tires floating around soon. The name Walter Lee came up but it might be too early to see adds yet. I'll let you know what I find.

View attachment 861383
That's a HECK of a lot better price than Ebay thanks for the info

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
@m1010plowboy Thank you for the info. I have seen two semis this week with MLVWs and was p'eed off because I had not seen any for sale for a while. That explains, why. Great use of taxpayer money to send them to the crusher instead of letting people buy them individually.
Well, hopefully we can get some parts off them. The power steering setups would be great for a Deuce and some might like the beefy Allison that is in them!
One can hope...

HDN

Don't MLVWs have problems with the metals used to build them? I thought they were prone to premature corrosion and breakage, especially on the rear suspension. I wonder if that's why they're going straight to scrap.

Are the Canadians still selling their Leopard C2s? That could be a fun alternative :ROFLMAO:

oboyjohn

Here in Quebec, the roads are salted like crazy in winter, hence the corrosion on all areas of the truck. As for the Leopard C2's no more for sale. Many, many were stripped internally and made into gate guards or static targets.

Another Ahab

Did someone say something about mlvws ? Because I know a guy who knows a guy who sells illegal maple syrup and the devils lettuce....and just so happens to have some black market mlvws
Nice rigs, seano11; mighty sweet!!

My mom was a WWII war bride, a teenager in Paris during the war, and lived through the German Occupation there:

- She did not like talking about it

- But I do remember here saying once about the experience there in Paris, in response to some random conversation about Black Markets in general...

- She said, in Paris during the war, that "If it wasn't for the black market we wouldn't have had any markets at all"

The "hunger years" she once called them (1940-1944)

That's it. The End

orren

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice rigs, seano11; mighty sweet!!

My mom was a WWII war bride, a teenager in Paris during the war, and lived through the German Occupation there:

- She did not like talking about it

- But I do remember here saying once about the experience there in Paris, in response to some random conversation about Black Markets in general...

- She said, in Paris during the war, that "If it wasn't for the black market we wouldn't have had any markets at all"

The "hunger years" she once called them (1940-1944)

That's it. The End

Sure could use two of these Canadian type wheels. How do I get in touch with seller?
Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks