• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can't bid on govplanet.....told denied by Sam.gov?

heat762

Howdy,
Signed up for govplanet and account still said pending....finally get through to CS and they tell me I can buy .gov surplus because of sam.gov?

I call sam.gov and they have no clue what govplanet is....but say get a cage code to do business with .gov.

Anybody else run into this? I had a secret clearance at one time in USMC and am now a LEO....so I doubt its anything in my background....lol

cucvmule

collector of stuff
I would start new communication contact with Govplanet. It has been a few years for me since I signed up, so maybe something has changed. But my bidding still works, plus I get calls on items.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
SAM - or the System for Award Management is the single source for the entire federal government for tracking debarred persons/companies. They receive debarment information from every federal agency that is involved in procurement/law enforcement.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk
so you would be talking about CAGE code vendors or 1033 program managers?
this shouldn’t affect anything on an individual basis at GP.

justinramani

so you would be talking about CAGE code vendors or 1033 program managers?
this shouldn’t affect anything on an individual basis at GP.
This has nothing to do with either. If you (as a citizen) get debarred by any federal agency your name will appear in SAM as a debarred person. If that happens you basically can't do any business (to include federally backed loans) with the government until your bar is lifted.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks