• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Canvas Cleaning.

Ugg013

Howdy:

Another question to pose to the Wizards. When I picked up the Frog, it had all the canvas for the cargo bed. Unfortunately, it was laying on the bed floor, which had all this water and wet. When I pulled it up there were rust stains on the canvas. YUCK! I hope canvas isn't like suede, which means ya can't clean it. Is there a good way to clean the stains off?

TIA
Ugg 8)

Opie

Having destroyed some of my seat covers, here's what I've been counseled on military canvas:

You found out the hard way that military truck canvas can't be washed....the way the dye and finish is put on the canvas makes it so it doesn't wash well.

The only real way to clean the stuff is either by brushing the dirt off with a stiff brush or hosing with clear water. If you rub the canvas when it's wet, the color and water/mildew resistant finish comes off since it's only on the surface - not dyed through. You're not the first person to run their seat covers through the washing machine, though!

Sincerely,

Judith Peach
New Life Resource
418 Main St. North, PO Box 176
Bakersfield, VT, USA 05441
Phone: 802-827-6124 Fax: 802-827-3660 email: nlrm@together.net

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks