• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Canvas question

m35a2cowner

Is there a difference in size between the front and rear canvas? I have 2 pieces one with a part number MS51324-18 and the other MS51324-20. Which is the front and are they both for a Deuce? Thanks

jasonjc

I looked up those part numbers in the 361-20P. This is what I found the MS51324-18 is used in 2 difent kits (bow strapes and the litte things) that cover all the trucks but the long bed
The MS51324-20 is use in the kit for the long bed only.
Why you ask?? I don't have any idea.
I thought that the only dif betwen the long and short beds was the length??

m35a2cowner

Canvas Question

Thanks for the info on the part numbers. When I got my truck there were two pieces of canvas in the front and none in the rear. I recently took all the canvas off. When I went to put it back on I noticed the two different part numbers. That's when I asked the question. After asking, and waiting to see the reply I put the 51324-18 on the front. It tied so the top was over the tip of the rail it was to short and left a gap at the bed. Both pieces have flap for window. I then compared it to the 51324-20 and found the 20 to be a larger version of the 18. I tried it and it fit much better with no gaps. Thus reasoning that since the front tarp gets all the wind and rain while driving down the road it makes sense it should be bigger so as to overlap more. The 18 fit well at the rear especially when tied so that the top followed the bow. Also, the canvas is getting tired and one day will need to be replaced, do you still order using these part numbers? Also, what is the best waterproofer/canvas preservative? Thanks again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks