• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Canvas Repair

SturmTyger380

Can anyone out there offer suggestions to repair a rip in the top canvas? Any successful repair attempts?? Or best to replace it??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It depends on how old the canvas is. If you go to push a sewing awl through and the threads break instead of allowing the point through, a patch is doubtful.

I have sewed the rip together with thread and then placed a patch over it.

I have taken another piece of canvas and cut a square patch that is larger than the rip.

Then I put Bish’s Original Tear Mender adhesive on the back of it, turn down the edge of the patch so no threads are showing, use a sewing awl or big needle with thread to sew all around it. It lasted well and I am sure the canvas will rip someplace else first.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks