• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CARC Paint Thinning

gocmndo

After waiting for three weeks my local Sherman Williams came through with some olive drab CARC. Being new to painting (read rattle can experience only) I asked the ratio to thin the paint. He told me with my HVLP gun to run it straight. Everything I have read here tells me to reduce the paint.
Can someone tell me the ratio if I need to mix and what works best to reduce the paint.
Many thanks!!

Jones

There are some Sherwin-Williams CARC data sheets in the Tech Articles section of the library that cover spraying, reducing, clean-up, as well as MSDS info. The sheets even cover what pressures and what size tips to use; pretty good stuff.
I got a lot of good information from the guy at Alfa Heaven too. He uses and sells a lot of CARC and is very knowledgable.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks