• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Carc

ohiohmmwv

I'm investigating Sherwin Williams carc paint at http://oem.sherwin-williams.com/products/metal/military-coatings/
I didn't realize there was so many choices. Im looking for 383 green for now as I'm doing the interior. I've read posts on type 2 and type 9. Can someone tell me the difference? I like the gritty look like my original hmmwv body is, not the smooth carc like my new hood came looking like. Can someone recommend some part numbers I can bring to sherwin?

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The aliphatic polyurethanes have huge amounts of silica flattener in them (70% by volume) and that is where the roughness comes from. Nothing to do with "overspray". The waterborne CARCs are smooth.

ohiohmmwv

deletethis.jpgOf the water based type 1, type 2, type 3 I see 1 and 2 listed as "Smooth finish versus standard CARC". Or did I miss something? Anyone have Sherwin Williams part numbers they've recently used and can comment on?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks