• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cargo Cover Parking Garage

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, I am sure I am not the first to do this, but it surprised my wife, and she gave me a thumbs up on this project. I recently had finally acquired a tan top for my LMTV and changed it out with the camo cover I had been using. The cargo cover kit was on an auction site, but it was a mess thrown on a pallet, so I wasn't even sure if it was a complete kit until I got it home. The cover went on the truck a week ago and I finally got around to seeing if the cargo poles and bows were complete. As I was piecing it together in the driveway, as I looked at it, I could see my little Kubota RTV sitting behind it. Well that little light bulb in my head turned on. 6, 3-foot-long pieces of landscape timber with 1 1/4 holes drilled in the top and I now have a mini garage for the Kubota. Feel free to post pictures of your cargo top storage ideas.

IMG_1358.jpg

coachgeo

You hit idea slightly that has been brewing in ma crazy head. Honestly thinking of adding some slip in points on external rack on my Jeep TJ to slide the poles ( into to plop my cargo cover around it from a M105 trailer... or my LMTV one w/home brewed poles if 105 too small. Thus when flat towing TJ behind LMTV camper ....TJ sits under a cover.... WITH solar panal rack above it. When parked..... slip legs, into the cover frame (w/wheels) into place and it becomes TJ's little garage or a covered porch for camper orrr??

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You hit idea slightly that has been brewing in ma crazy head. Honestly thinking of adding some slip in points on external rack on my Jeep TJ to slide the poles ( into to plop my cargo cover around it from a M105 trailer... or my LMTV one w/home brewed poles if 105 too small. Thus when flat towing TJ behind LMTV camper ....TJ sits under a cover.... WITH solar panal rack above it. When parked..... slip legs, into the cover frame (w/wheels) into place and it becomes TJ's little garage or a covered porch for camper orrr??

I tossed around the idea of cutting down the poles and bows and creating a frame for a cover for my M416 I tow behind my jeep. It would have been a lot of work and ultimately, I think much easier to just build a new frame for it instead of cutting up that one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks