• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cargo Cover Straps

aboonski

I am looking for a source for the small cargo cover straps that bolt to the bow curves and are used to hold the sides of the cargo cover up. Several months ago I bought two of these from and auction on Ebay and should have bought ten! Does anybody know where I can obtain eight more of these straps from a commercial or private source? Thanks! Here's how to contact me: abroadbent@bellsosuth.net or call my cell at 321 427-3070 which is in West Melbourne Florida.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WeeBee webbing will make them for you with new haedware.

aboonski

Hello 4 Star General and thank you for responding to my inquiry about the straps. I have not heard of WeeBee webbing so you will have to let me know where they are located. I notice that you are in CA - we just returned from San Jose a week ago where we visited my fiance's daughter. We also have 5 acres up in McArthur CA that I would love to live on! I am READY to leave Florida! I too have a 68 Kaiser/Jeep M35A2C W/W by the way.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Yeah, show us your Deuce!!!!!!!!!

aboonski

Pictures of my Deuce

Okay, for those of you who wanted to see my truck, here's a few fairly recent ones prior to adding the canvas. This is a 1968 Kaiser Jeep M35A2C hardtop W/W. I have added Air Assisted Power Steering, full canvas, convoy lights, new tires and several new data plates. I am in the process of installing a heater, 24 volt to 12 volt converter, interior light, new doors, new glass all the way around and lots of little things that cost a lot but do very little. There is a D turbo on there now and eventually I would like to change this to the C model because I like the sound more than anything. It reminds me of when I drove a brand new AM General Deuce from Van Nuys Air Guard Base to Fort Ord with members of the medical unit out in Van Nuys; I was attached to the AF Clinic at LA Air Force Station at the time. I'll also include a photo of that particular truck being refueled at Fort Ord back in the early 80's.

By the way, I will probably buy the two straps from the member that offered them after I finish with this post.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
RE: Pictures of my Deuce

:beer: Looks good!!!!

aboonski

I had to resize the Fort Ord photo to comply with the size limitations so here goes! I guess it worked this time! I was attached to the USAF Clinic Los Angeles and was invited to drive up to Fort Ord with members of the Air National Guard Med Evac Unit for the purpose of screening and obtaining DRMO field supplies. We drove one brand new AM General M35A2 with the whistler turbo up to Ft Ord and the Air Guard flew another and much older naturally asperated M35 up in a C130 Hercules transport plane. After loading up the goods, we headed south along the coastal highway - beautiful scenery even from the driver's seat of an M35! This is where I first got the desire to have my own Deuce and a half!

Attachments