• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cargo Cover Support

Loose Deuce

Man is this pretty or what :freaked: , Have any of you guys installed 4'x8' sheets of blyboard on top of your cargo cover supports, so the cover wont sag between the supports(cant remember the correct name of those curved board things)hee,hee. I remember some one posting about but cant find anything. :confused: Sounds like a good idea, I think I will give it a try and wonder if 3/8" wafer board would work. I'm not sure how thick my sheets should be. :confused:

I like the new forum :freaked: :freaked: :freaked: :freaked: :freaked: :freaked: :freaked: :freaked: :freaked: :freaked: :freaked: :freaked: :freaked: :freaked: :freaked: :freaked:

Monster Man

What I do for canvas support is just run straps front to back under the canvas, maybe 2 or 3 depending how much snowfall we get, that tends to work very well. As long as the canvas can't sink too much in any one place you're OK. Not sure if anything but plywood would suuport that much weight

Attachments

MVtrucker

I've had several trucks come in from DRMO and GL that had 5/8" - 3/4" plywood on the bows. I have a 3/4" sheet on my M105A2 trailer. Use exterior sheathing plywood, it's a whole lot cheaper than "good one side." Lay a coat of exterior paint on to help extend its life.

Opie

You may want to watch for extreme weather, however. I've read posts around the 'Net where folks have gotten an obscene quantity of snow/ice whose weight reduced the plywood and bows to toothpicks and shredded their tarpaulins. :shocked:

Just call me "Not My Problem 'Cause I've Got a Van Body (on a Truck With a Bad 6TL and Won't be Going Anywhere Soon... :cry: )" :)

Opie

D'oh!

Man, I'm running into this situation more and more now that I'm almost done with nursing school. If I were to slow down, read and THINK for a minute, I wouldn't come up with these boneheaded responses!

Well, for anyone anywhere ELSE where it snows... :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks