• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Carpeting?

Warren Lovell

Has anyone put in carpet in their M1009? Can you get a carpet kit OEM from GM? What about JC Whitney?

I just bought a new OEM GM dash and door panels...they are beautiful! Got them on ebay. The door panels were charcoal and the dash is black...I hate brown interiors!

I might have to buy another M1009...one for me in mil config, and one so the wife thinks I'm normal. Of course - i wouldn't tell her about the other M1009!

Warren

mangus580

Carpeting from any Civvy blazer will fit the 1009. I actually am going to forgoe any carpeting or vinyl floor, and use herculiner instead. I also anticipate doing a full undercoating to also help on noise.

dilvoy

Mangus580, After you under coat it, aren't you going to miss the sound of water spinning off of your right rear tire and hitting the wheel well? That Herculiner is a good idea for the inside. You won't have to worry about water getting under the mat when you hose out the interior.

Warren Lovell

I just herculined my deuce floors and the stuff is great! It is very easy to apply and looks and feels very durable.

My wife wanted some civilian ammenities...

Warren

mangus580

My wife complains about the road noise (aside from the claim that its embarassing to ride in....) and i will be happy to cut it down. I do agree dilvoy, that the noise is nice to hear (water noise). I have never understood floormats/carpet in trucks, as they always hold water in... the undercoating is also to help prevent the cancer from coming, as I live in the salt belt...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks