• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CBC M-105 recovery from Ft Riley

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Euc's cleared so needed to go fetch some trailers, I had put my bids in the week of the Iola meet. Got home Sunday night a found I had won three. Big truck and goose neck were not available this trip, so a buddy and I drove out at O dark thirty to be there when they when GL opened. Robert and Daniel the GL guys got us out to the trailers fast, they had been moved and happy to say no damage. Plug one into my M1009 and hooked the other up to my friends truck and took off. Only had problem and that was some serious side winds going through the flint hills. Got an extra bonus, when we unlocked one it had brand new tarp , fiber glass stakes and metal bows inside. If the trailer was loaded I would not have pulled it with the M1009, but keeping a safe distance of cars ahead of me and keeping the speed at 55 worked out great.
Btw there no longer have the use of a large fork truck so if you are bidding on BIG future items out there BEWARE you will have to hire something to get it on your truck.

Attachments

Flyingvan911

Nice pics. Those trailers sure look good. Yesterday I called the DLA and they are still waiting for the demil paperwork. Did you get a chance to say hi to my truck?

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Nice pics. Those trailers sure look good. Yesterday I called the DLA and they are still waiting for the demil paperwork. Did you get a chance to say hi to my truck?
Yep still has your chain and the sign in the window, it appears to be still in the same place in the lot.

Flyingvan911

Thanks. Can you PM me the address of the meeting for the KC area MVPA. I will miss tomorrow's meeting but I would like to start coming when I am able. I think I accidently deleted the directions you gave me. How much did those trailers cost?

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Thanks. Can you PM me the address of the meeting for the KC area MVPA. I will miss tomorrow's meeting but I would like to start coming when I am able. I think I accidently deleted the directions you gave me. How much did those trailers cost?
7:00 pm - 8:00 pm Repeats: This event repeats every month on the first Wednesday. Location: Olathe Ks Fire station, college Blvd(111th st) and K7 hi way

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
You know when I saw them in there I wondered, "what knucklehead left these in here?" :jumpin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks