• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CCKW 352 restoration

emr

:D Man , that is one sweeet truck, I had an open cab 352, and either one of those to Me are the coolest trucks ever made :D
What a piece of history that thing is...A specialty truck like that is what this Hobby is all about, All the best with it...randy

nkawtg

That truck looks good as is!! What is it's story?? It looks like it wasn't worked too hard the last 65 years....

Was the dash replaced, or was it some rarity?

Keep the pix coming!

Melvinitis

Excuse my ignorance, are you making it red and yellow, or is that some funky primer?

Are there many like it in Belgium? Any idea what the whole story is, cause I am sure it would be a great one.

Best of luck and like the others have said, keep the pictures coming!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: CCKW 352 restoration

Melvinitis said:
Excuse my ignorance, are you making it red and yellow, or is that some funky primer?
Oh, no, that's the custom Ronald McDonald camo paint job, so it blends in when it's parked around a bunch of clowns! ;)

Great looking job so far! Keep up the good work, and post more pics!

WW2Chevy

Re: RE: CCKW 352 restoration

nkawtg said:
Was the dash replaced, or was it some rarity?
That dash dates the truck (or at least the cab) as an early war (1941 or early 1942) closed cab. The very first production run had many features "borrowed" from the civilian cab of the day. Mid '42, the civilan gauge cluster was changeds to the military one, and the windshield lost the crank out mechanism, and instead had a simple latch, with thumbscrews at the windshield posts.

WW2Chevy

RE: Re: RE: CCKW 352 restoration

Do you happen to have the spare tire locks that secured the two spare tier racks?? They should be a keyed lock, very similar to the jeep spare tire lock. If you have the locks, I would love to see a close-up photo! [thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks