• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CCKW Wheels on a G-221, M1 trailer

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My M1 trailer apparently has CCKW wheels on it. This info was gleaned from the G-503 forum. I do not have a spare. These wheels look like the wheels on an M-105 trailer and should be easier to find. So my question is can M-105 wheels, that is Deuce wheels, fit on my G-221?

It looks like the thickness of the wheel material may be thicker on the Deuce wheels, maybe the only difference. Can any one confirm?

Thanks,

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M105/M35A2 wheels are for 9.00-20 tires and are wider, and may rub on the body. You will have to check to see.

waayfast

The glacier has finally receded around here so I was able to get some numbers for you.

The M-35 wheel and tire I measured shows : from the bolt face to the outside of rim --10 and 5/8 inch
From bolt face to the edge of inflated tire--- 11 and 1/4 inch

Measuring a CCKW/ G-506 wheel---8 and 1/8 inch from bolt face to edge of rim.

Also looked at my G-221 trailer. I has CCKW wheels with 8.25 x 20 (skinny road tread) rubber. Things are SO FREAKIN TIGHT I could not use the tape to measure clearance, only about the width of two fingers of room.

I could pull a wheel off the trailer and roll that m35 wheel/tire over and try to mount it but I don't think there is any way it will fit--------------
Hope this helps
Jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks