• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CDL to drive deuce in FL?

Banshee365

Getting everything together so I can drive the deuce around town now. My question is do you FL MV'ers know if Ill need a CDL or any kind of add-on to my regular DL? If I don't I want a print-out that prove sit to keep in my glove box. Just making sure I cover all the bases.

Also, it is registered with the restriction of parade/public display only. How do you guy's get past this if you want to drive it to get some dinner. Do you count it as sitting in the parking lot a public display? Thanks!

-Kelly

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
If is just a M35 then it is probably below the limits of most CDL anyways as the max gross weight of a M35 is about 23000lbs and CDL starts at 24000lbs. There are alot more quirks when dealing with trailers and such though. Lots of Florida guys to ask though. I think I remember a thread on CDL in Florida now that I think about it. You might want to do some searches.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is at least one section of the Florida Statutes (FSS) that states that any 3 axle vehicle is a commercial vehicle. There are other sections that deny this. As far as DOT and the commercial guys are concerned, their only consideration is if you are in COMMERCE. Without commerce, they don't consider you commercial. I put my deuce up on public display everywhere I go.

Bill W

Ditto on what Ken said
3 axles or more classifies as a commercial vehicle ( in Fla) but being resgistered private use and gvw under 26k lbs then your regular (class d) drivers licence ( Fla finally did away with Class E) will/should cover it, I say should because every DOT clown has his own interpetation of the law.