• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Center bearing (drive shaft to carrier) neede...!

goat whisperer

Hi...
yesterday I took the goat for a ride. Suddenly there was a smell of burnt rubber. I thought I had a flat tire but... it was the center bearing of the drive shaft. The rubber was gone, totally burnt... I disconnected the drive shaft from the rear diff and went home. Now I have to replace the bearing...

Does anyone know where to get that complete bearing or
does someone have one for sale? :-?

hemichallenger

You should be able to get one at a heavy truck parts store. Take yours with you so it can be sized up. You should also be able to get one at a drive line shop if all else fails.

goat whisperer

You should be able to get one at a heavy truck parts store. Take yours with you so it can be sized up. You should also be able to get one at a drive line shop if all else fails.
I might be able to get the bearing in Germany, but the outer ring, made of rubber, should be a very special part...!?
I´m talking about part no. 4 at the attached pic.

Attachments

hemichallenger

Most all center bearings come as 1 piece. You get the hanger, rubber and bearing all as one. They will need center hole size and the bolt hole center to center to match it up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks