• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Centering The Front Differential

tonydamato

Who has centered their front differential to allow for the use of the same half shaft in all four corners?
Any tips? Did you use any of the available kits? Does it provide room for the 12K brake conversion?

Thanks Guys, This group has been great since joining!

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Only REV trucks have 12k brakes...all A2's,ECV, M1151, M1152 etc...have 12in rotors....A2 used vented, latter used solid.
only the REV uses Wilwood brakes.
AFAIC, Recentering the diff is a waste of time...

dhaumann69166

Has anyone centered the diff? What all has to be changed? I like the idea of all four half shafts being the same size so you only need one spare. I see there are kits for around $500 available but just curious if there are just brackets or if you have to change any motor related parts also.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
I am sure someone has done it. Makes no sense / cents to me. Throttle modulation, take it easy, wheels the ground if you can and no sudden moves. Yes, it can happen a la SNAP BANG. Watch the Utuber busting them. Then don't do that. It's all I can do to keep air in the tires. If they ever made the H4... now that would be something to think about, along with a few others ideas.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Intrested myself. The Idea of one spare in the backcountry is a good Idea in a vehicle with limited storage. I'm planning on a trip to BIg Bend. So space will be taken by camping gear, tools, spares, and extra fuel. I've looked into it but $500 for a few brackets seems like a bit much.

sue

If for some??? Reason we don’t go to haspin
that will be at the top of our to do list.
It would be nice to only carry one extra
wheel shaft.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks