• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Centrifuges

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been looking at centrifuges lately and have been wondering about a few things:

1. Looking at the raw power and Wolverine setups, are there anymore out there?

2. Has anyone done a comparison of the two, side by side, so to speak, to see which one works better/faster? I'm not including the Monster 5k jobby at Raw Power.

3. Anyone have the pros and Cons on these machines, I could not find a blog about either one.

BTW, I am NOT considering the jobs at PA diesel and the like in this. I use these animals offshore on big EMDs, CATs, and such and am impressed with the cleaning they do for what they were intended. Just not for centrifuging WMO to use as fuel, too slow.

yousave1

I spent months of research and tried calling both companies regarding their products; neither answered. Then I found absolute centrifudge. I bought the automatic one with a heater and timer for 1500 shipped and I LOVE IT. I've filtered 300+ gal and have no reason to believe that it won't filter another 20000 until the motor needs new brushes. The thing is very high quality.

Let me know if I can help in your search

Thanks
Josh

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I looked all through this site and google, and, and, and... That's why I posted this thread. It seems everyone wanted to test units side by side, but no one did (that I can find). Also have not seen the pros and cons of the above mentioned centrifuges from someone who has had a unit for a while.

Heath_h49008

I have noticed there seems to be very few differences in the designs of all of these. Cup, self drain holes, double cup body, top feed.

Unless there is a massive difference in motors, I'm getting a 6 one vs Half-a-dozen the other feeling.

Heath_h49008

That's my opinion as well.

Wolverine is a member and has a great reputation. But they all seem a bit salty for what they are. $1000 is a bit much for a large juicer IMHO, but nobody sells them much cheaper, and you would spend almost as much paying someone else to build it for you from scratch.

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Spinner I and Spinner II

research OILYBITS .com
Thanks for the link dmetalmiki, I went and looked over the setup they have. I used to use these on our main engines on big diesels and they worked fine for the application. Although I am impressed with the setup, I was looking for a more industrial setup, one with a little more capacity. Comparable to the Wolverine or Utah? diesel set up.

Tlauden

There's some good videos on YouTube of the Raw Power Centrifuge, They seem to make a good product, never did much research into the wolverine One. I agree it would be very interesting to do a true side by side comparison.

I decided when i get the extra cash im going for the raw power fuge'. im sure there all the same though. maybe its just cause secretly i like the sound that controller makes:cookoo::cookoo:HAHA

Blind Driver

I spent months of research and tried calling both companies regarding their products; neither answered. Then I found absolute centrifudge. I bought the automatic one with a heater and timer for 1500 shipped and I LOVE IT. I've filtered 300+ gal and have no reason to believe that it won't filter another 20000 until the motor needs new brushes. The thing is very high quality.

Let me know if I can help in your search

Thanks
Josh
Same here about customer support :roll:

I'm considering the Absolute, but their site doesn't give anywhere near as much info as Utah bio does with their units. I'll probably contact Utah and buy the WVO Designs unit. It has a controller and a heater available [thumbzup]

Tlauden

http://bestcentrifuge.com/shop

Has anyone ever used one of these? I stumbled across them while researching 'fugues myself. Seems like they have a good design and being that they are using pulleys and belts to get the RPM's and G's up higher with lower motor RPM's it would seem that your motor would take less of a beating.

As of right now I have narrowed it down to the raw power or these guys I think.

Blind Driver

Oil Centrifuge Shop

Has anyone ever used one of these? I stumbled across them while researching 'fugues myself. Seems like they have a good design and being that they are using pulleys and belts to get the RPM's and G's up higher with lower motor RPM's it would seem that your motor would take less of a beating.

As of right now I have narrowed it down to the raw power or these guys I think.
Most of the 'fuge motors don't come close to their max rpm and hp.

Check this one out WVO Centrifuge - Raw Power Centrifuge - A Better Way To Easily Filter Waste Vegetable Oil! - Utah Biodiesel Supply

That's the one I'm most likely to buy. You can get the big 'fuge which includes the AC drive motor controller. The optional inline heater ($200), and a "cone booster" for another $100. $1800 get get me up and running.

I don't know which motor I should get. 120 or 240.

That unit has a bunch of online videos and seems to be very popular. The FB site is pretty active.

Last edited:

ranchhopper

I was going to buy a centrifuge with a friend and he did a lot of research into it and we decided not to do it because its just a faster way of cleaning the oil and extracting water. We concluded if you have the spare time you can do the same job with bags and spin on filters the oil will never be anything but black fuel quality oil. I was primarily interested in getting the carbon (black) out of the oil because of its hard abrasive characteristics but the manufacturer said even with a 6000 RPM unit it will never get the suspended carbon out of the oil so Im just going to do it the slow sure way instead.

Blind Driver

I was going to buy a centrifuge with a friend and he did a lot of research into it and we decided not to do it because its just a faster way of cleaning the oil and extracting water. We concluded if you have the spare time you can do the same job with bags and spin on filters the oil will never be anything but black fuel quality oil. I was primarily interested in getting the carbon (black) out of the oil because of its hard abrasive characteristics but the manufacturer said even with a 6000 RPM unit it will never get the suspended carbon out of the oil so Im just going to do it the slow sure way instead.
True, but I plan to sell the extra. I also want to experiment with magnets. Maybe I can remove some of the heavy metals.

I may play with bags and filters first. I can put my big tote up on my pallet rack and just gravity feed while I'm at work and sleeping. I hope no drama spills onto my floor ;-)

ranchhopper

True, but I plan to sell the extra. I also want to experiment with magnets. Maybe I can remove some of the heavy metals.

I may play with bags and filters first. I can put my big tote up on my pallet rack and just gravity feed while I'm at work and sleeping. I hope no drama spills onto my floor ;-)
Be careful selling the stuff first of all if the state gets wind of it through word of mouth BIG fines you know what happens if they dont get their share of the fruits of your labor. Second is the liability of selling to some dope who ruins his IP or engine not your fault but you can be sure he is going to want you to pay for his mistake. The liability factor brings the state into the picture if you get sued for selling untaxed fuel that would have supposedly ruined his engine I really hate to think this way but now the attitide of the masses is to always make someone else pay for the mistakes caused by their own stupidity.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks