• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Certified Mail from the County

November 18th, 2012.

Ramblin Wreck:

Now that YOU know your Toyota's overvalued, wait untill the Cobb County Tax Assessor sees what Uncle Sam valued your M35A3 at on the demil code sticker, then you'll really be howling. aua $190.00 won't even touch it if a deuce (M35A2) was valued at $41,480- and be advised Uncle NEVER depreciates his equipment, no matter how old it is!
It's time to trade in your modern junk and get a WWII GPW, at least they were priced reasonable way back then!;-)
Respectfully, I don't get this post. What "junk" are you referring to? Also, are you suggesting that my taxes are going to go up on my M35A3? If so, what leads you to that conclusion?

To address some of the points brought up by others:
I'm not sure how my M35A3 got valued so low. I don't specifically remember telling them a value. Also, the ad valorem valuation is not what the state actually assesses the value of the vehicle to be. For instance, my Tacoma is valued at $18,175 by the state but only 40% of that represents the ad valorem valuation which is $7,270. That is then multiplied by the mil rate and then you divide by 1,000 and that is what the ad valorem tax is (for my Tacoma in Georgia).

That 40% is for my personal truck. I'm not sure but would guess that you could have different percentages or formulas applied to different vehicle classifications and or ages. So, even though the M35A3 has an ad valorem valuation of $190 doesn't mean that the state has appraised it at that value. The percentage and or formula applied to it might be entirely different from my Tacoma. I would have to submit a request with the board of equalization to see what the true assessed value is but I really don't care to mess with them any further.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks