• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Changing 400 front transmission seal

royalflush55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there enough room when sliding transmission and transfer case back on 4 inch bolts when changing flywheel to remove torque convertor and change front transmission seal?

cucvrus

NO. You will need to drop the transmission. Just be sure that is where it is leaking. This only happened one time to me but I had a vacuum pump sucking transmission fluid and leaking down the back of the bell housing. Just check all the options. Other transmission leaks can occur up top are the vent can leak at high speed when the internal pressure of the transmission increase with heat and slippage. I just had an M1009 repaired for that condition. Good Luck. And make sure you have the torque converter properly seated in the front pump. No force needed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks