• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Charging voltage

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whenever my LMTV is running, the voltage needle is right in the middle, on the line between yellow and green. It seems to run fine, and when the grounding strap on the alternator was removed, the voltage dropped down to the middle of the yellow (which was the problem that made me notice).

Is this normal?

VoltageGauge.jpg

Thanks!

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Normal? It might be for that meter :) . The needle should be up in the green, of course.

That little dash voltmeter does not mean much. Put a real voltmeter across the batteries and see the actual charge voltage across the 12v pair and the 24v pair. Then you will know what's working.

FloridaAKM

Mine shows in the middle of the green when I first start it up. After coming up to temp, the needle drops into the yellow area, which makes me wonder what is up. Suprman gave we a test procedure to check it out, but have had no time!

The meters are an indicator, not an exact measurement. As people like to say about military vehicle gauges, they are as truthful as a politician in Washington!