• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Check your brake fluid!

91W350

I try to check mine once a week, I drive it daily, but the thought of a failure has me worried. I am thinking about checking into a set of M923 axles and going to regular air brakes on my deuce.

DieselBob

So far mine hasn't leaked but I did wonder about the two piece design. At least they both have the same size fitting in case I need to change later.

Bacon4x

Enlarge the picture of #3566 (Not the exact one you want, but it has a better pic) and you will see where you can put a clamp around the base of it, or there are also two bolt holes that run parallel to the resevoir. You can make a bracket to bolt through those holes.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You don't want water or dust to get in there.

OD_Coyote

Below is a list of the items I ordered from Pegasus Auto Racing for the remote brake reservoir.
Part No.
Description
Order
Qty
Tilton Remote Reservoir Mounting Bracket w/O-Ring
3558-LARGE
Tilton Large Reservoir Tank, 10.7 oz
3559-LARGE
Filter Screen for Tilton Medium or Large Reservoir
Threaded Cap for Tilton Master Cylinder & Reservoir
3575-FOOT
Remote Brake Reservoir Hose, 5/16 ID
Clamp for Tilton Inlet or Reservoir

I mounted my remote reservoir on the fire wall. I will post a pic tomorrow if your are interested.

FL_Frank

Got mine from Pegasus as well - so easy to check the brake fluid before any drive. Bleeding brakes with a pressure bleeder is a trivial task now with the T connection under the reservoir.

hemichallenger

But it does not matter how much brake fluid you have if you have a failure on a single circut brake system. Check the whole brake system not just the fluid.

FL_Frank

Good point - and don't forget to test one's emergency brake every so often - as well as your downshifting skills.

Yet another good reason to not drive the deuce fast, but maybe I'm a bit overcautious.

Troll1216

I made a remote resivor from PVC pipe and a hose fitted to the breather. I capped off the breather line that went there. I mounted the PVC pipe behind the passenger seat complete with a dip stick. It holds triple what the master has. If you want PM me and I will send you photos. Took me an hour or two, and most of that time was finding the proper barb fitting to put on the top of the master.

Where the dip stick is I can unscrew it and screw in a attachment to add air to the system, so infact I now have an onboard power bleeder, just add a tire filler form the air line at the rear of the truck. I thought it was pretty nifty and I no longer need to bug Recovry4x4 for his totally awesome power bleeder.

I wish they would do this mod to the trucks my dept has. much safer and way easier to check.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks