• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

checking gear box levels

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
check all the main axle housings and one the front on... i pulled the plug and it had about 3 to 5 lbs of air pressure in it. is that normal? thinking the vent line is stopped up or what. is that another level that i should be chiecking in the upper gear box on top of the axle?, sorry to be a bother and thanks for a reply. getting the truck ready for a wrecker pull to miss. bringing back another m816 for a fellow SS member to help him with his fix up Tim

acetomatoco

The little air valve is probably stuck... free it up...sometimes they are on the square housing and sometimes on the cover of the double reduction unit...If you have pressure in there you are asking for leaks in all the wrong places...for sure. Be sure to get a copy of the lube order and see all the grease fittings you never knew were there... Like the two on the transfer case shift linkage and winch linkage levers tight under the floor under the seats and the several on the ebrake pivots and the like..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks