• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cheep easy portable pump i made

joshs1ofakindxj

I'm really happy with my chevy motor oil pump and electric drill pump set up I'm currently using, but I like the idea of being able to run a pump off of deuce air.

Is there a pneumatic motor out there I could couple to my chevy motor oil pump?

goatijoe

The only thing I know of would be a air drill. They make air motors but they are costly. Here is the next thing is they have to have a lot of cmf of air witch the duece can't make fast enough. I think the best thing for you would be a cordless drill with a few batterys or a 24 volt motor that would work off the batterys. But that's just my 2cents

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have been using a similar setup. You guys should try to plumb a pressure gauge in there before the filter so you can see when it gets clogged. If you wait for the pump to slow down, your waiting too long. Many of the filters are only rated to 120psi and will crush. That means that unfiltered fuel can make it through. For thos of you with more than one filter, it helps you know which one got clogged. If they are they same pressure(at high psi), its(most likely) the last filter. Good luck with your filtering.

goatijoe

Gimp do you have any easy ideas to plumb up a gauge in them? I thought about a T but would have to use a few bushings to get it done or do they have a T that would be 3/4 through with about a 1/4 on the T for the gauge. What are your takes with my set up with the wire mesh in the first one and a 10 Micron after. I know that the filters have a w.p. of 150 psi but don't know about the crush of filter. I sometimes flip them upside Dow if I get in nasty stuff and watch the level rise as the filter stops up. I'm allways up for anything that works better than I have. They say outside eyes looking in give the best advice.

Josh

I just read they are discontinuing the harbor freight barrel pump. They said they are going to get a replacement for it, But as of now, I dont know any other places to get a cheap pneumatic oil pump.

Josh

I got the last one from my HF. They gave me a free replacement plan on it, as mine failed under warranty. They said they would either give a equal replacement, or in store credit.

joshs1ofakindxj

The only thing I know of would be a air drill. They make air motors but they are costly. Here is the next thing is they have to have a lot of cmf of air witch the duece can't make fast enough. I think the best thing for you would be a cordless drill with a few batterys or a 24 volt motor that would work off the batterys. But that's just my 2cents
I have a 12v cordless drill, that I went inside and put 20ft wire leads on it with alligator clips, so I can run it off my jeep.

Once I have a 12v system on the deuce, I can use that then.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks