• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Choctaw H140 repair and exploration

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just bought an H140 and so far have managed to sweep out the rats nest inside. This came from an Auction in Florida. 35 hours so i do not think it was used much. Only came with one large flex duct, wheel and axle assembly are missing, 90 degree elbo for exhaust is missing, and the rubber seal over the fuel input and gauge is cracked. I tried to fire it up and although produces heat for a short time it puffs a lot of black smoke. Pressure is 120 which seems normal according to the tm and no matter how much i was sweeping still getting insulation out of the heat exhaust, so i will be removing the top to give a more through cleaning. i have a parts wanted ad listed for some but not all of the parts. Seems like a neat unit to play with.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks