• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Civilian Hemtt?

NEIOWA

Rosenbauer is one of the largest euro mfg of fire apparatus. Bought into the US market a few years ago an apparently strong grow. I'm told make some very nice well designed/made fire trucks.

Other than 8x8 unlikely anything in common with HEMTT as a competitor of Oshkosh/Pierce/etc.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For those not familiar with the object on the arm of the truck, that is a special device used to pierce a burning aircraft's skin, and inject water or other fire-suppression material inside the fuselage, without firemen hacking apart the skin with axes. Hacking the skin apart is not only exhausting work, and dangerous when an aircraft is burning, but opening a big hole in the skin of an aircraft can add oxygen to a fire. Not a good thing. That pointy rod pokes a small hole in the side, preventing oxygen from entering the inside of the aircraft and feeding the fire in the process.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
And a civilian Skycrane!!!

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
CanonNinja said:
i lust after HEMTTs, but I think the Rosenbauer is the only thing that's ever made the OD stuff look dated..
I don't know. I think all that plastic and glass makes it look breakable. Brings back nightmares of wimpy painted plastic bumpers that force major paint work and replacement of the bumper if you run a grocery cart into it.

Jetnoise400

As a side note, the Phoenix shown above (the yellow one) and Engine 285 (the blue one) are the same truck. They painted it blue before it was delivered to North Tree Fire... and of course added a few options too. The Phoenix is a purpose built fire truck, and was sold direct from Oshkosh. It's not a converted surplus rig.

Cdub

Now those are some coooool look'n trucks..........

any one got a spray can of OD...........Hahahaha....

I saw a vid not to long ago of the Oshkosh promos......just AWESOME MACHINES...!!

seya,

C'dub

Dieselsmoke

Wonder where I've seen that North Tree truck before LOL They sure take care of their stuff, a buddy just bought one of their Dodge pickups and it's in great shape considering what it's been through in life.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks