• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Civilian starter for LMTV with Cat 3116

spankybear

You can interchange the thermal protected starter with the non-thermal. If you are replacing the thermal one with a non you need to wire out the switch that isn't there.
the TM says to remove the P81 connector and jumper the wires. This will remove the thermal switch function altogether. Sounds like a mod that should be done to every FMTV out there. From reading sounds like this switch gave some issues so they just eliminated it. If you truck does not have the connector removed I would recommend you remove it. YMMV

snowtrac nome

I just bought a starter for a c-7 through the cat dealer in anchorage and after the core charge the reman cat starter costs less than one from napa. You take your starter into cat they can look at the motor voltage and starter drive size and get you a starter there is nothing special about it likely the same as construction equipment 3116 starters.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks