• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Classifieds cleanup

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
As a bunch of you have already seen, I am sending PMs of older CLASSIFIED ads, asking if the item is sold. I am trying to do a clean up of sold/brought but NOT deleted ads, I have gone thought the VEHICLE, I will be going though all the ads both F/S and WANT, ad by ad, I still may miss something, so if someone sees something PLEASE let me know BY PM.

DELTE your ad if done with it, That is one of the CLASSIFIEDS RULES
RESPOND to the PM, if NO response in a REASONABLE time, then all will get deleted, because if you CAN NOT respond, how can you MANAGE your AD, another CLASSIFIEDS RULE

I am trying to keep the Classifieds user friendly and not a TIME waster by making enquiries for DEAD ads.

Last edited by a moderator:

3dAngus

Thanks Ron. By the same token, I have noticed an increase in self and friendly bumps to bring ads up to the top when only advertised for a week or two. This unnecessarily throws it back in the forums where we don't need to be reading the same ad over and over every week and would be considered an abuse by some. Is it possible to limit the bump back up to the top by owner or friend to once a month maximum or something of this nature.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
BUMP.
It is supposedly allowed weekly Angus.
Jerry
From the classified rules ;
Welcome to the Classifieds section of Steel Soldiers.

1. Advertisements must have a PRICE and location in first post, ads without them will be deleted. Repeat offenders will loose their classifieds privileges. This means NO MAKE OFFER, or PM for PRICE
  2. A FOR TRADE still REQUIRES some kind of value PRICE
  3. Prices, users are allowed to ask whatever they wish for an item. Refrain from price bashing. If you wish to make an offer, please use PMs.
  4. Bumping, please refrain from bumping your advertisement more than once every seven(7) days.
  5. The classifieds are ONLY for users, vendors must purchase a vendor account to post in the vendor forum. This includes sellers of vehicles, parts, tools, and custom items produced for resell.
  6. DELETE DEAD ADS, or update the thread as items are sold.
  7. NO Duplicate Ads, delete old ad BEFORE posting a new ad, or all ads will be deleted
  8. Posts in the classifies will expire after 90 days. There is no longer an automatic renewal feature.
  9. As a seller, try to subscribe to your threads. This will allow you to keep tabs on your listing better.
*Rules may be updated at any time.

Maybe somebody will read them here.

Last edited:

3dAngus

BUMP.
It is supposedly allowed weekly Angus.
Jerry
Yeah, I just noticed an increase and it can be annoying especially when overwriting others who are competing against them and topping them. It has not been a personal problem with any of my classifieds, but I see it as being a problem and might need addressing. Ron is new at this and has had many complaints about issues with classifieds prior, but apparently doesn't know how to address requests for change yet, or is still looking into it. I have not heard back from him on it so my hopes is the reason why is because he is working with admin on a possible solution or alternative.

As a bunch of you have already seen, I am sending PMs of older CLASSIFIED ads, asking if the item is sold. I am trying to do a clean up of sold/brought but NOT deleted ads, I have gone thought the VEHICLE, I will be going though all the ads both F/S and WANT, ad by ad, I still may miss something, so if someone sees something PLEASE let me know BY PM.

RESPOND to the PM, if NO response in a REASONABLE time, then all will get deleted, because if you CAN NOT respond, how can you MANAGE your AD, another CLASSIFIEDS RULE

I am trying to keep the Classifieds user friendly and not a TIME waster by making enquiries for DEAD ads.

And to think I got all excited when I got Your PM about my ad. :( I thought I was about to make a sale. lol

jeeplvr247

I agree with this one hundred percent. I also think the classified ads should be locked so people have to use PM's to contact the seller which would keep the thread from moving back up to the top.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The idea of a forum style classifieds, was to allow discussion about what's for sale.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, we can't please everyone all the time, but I'll keep you on the list for next time.

86m1028

AND I thought you just wanted my cucv for a wheel chock :lol:.

Thanks for the time & effort to do this.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I preferred the old classified feature that allowed the seller to decide if he wanted comments to his ad. The people that were serious about the item would take the time to pm the seller.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks