• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Coffee & Donuts on the Runway Sonoma, CA Aug. 15, 2021

Major Asstyrd

Sonoma Valley Airport in the wide spot in the road called Schelleville between Sonoma Raceway and town of Sonoma is hosting another "cars and coffee" type event with a twist - it will be on a runway and taxiway and include classic and ex-military airplanes! There are many based at this airport. Cars, trucks, hot rods, and MVs too! It will be Sunday August 15 from 0800 to 1030 which means vehicles will start showing up at 0700. How about we have a MV display and group photo next to a P40N or P51? I don't know if they will fly anything but last time they did a small car/plane event and had an aerobatic box authorized with several planes taking turns in the air. If you know you will be there, send me an email so I know how much space to grab. Otherwise just show up.

Location is 29982 Arnold Drive, Sonoma, CA. Also known as Hwy 121.

If you want to make a day of it, consider a visit to the town of Sonoma for lunch, shopping, or wine tasting. A good place to take a date. Another option is to take a warbird ride after the show. The owner of the airport operates Vintage Aircraft Company and they offer rides in Stearman biplanes, SNJ-4 advanced trainer (Navy version AT-6 Texan), P51D Mustang, even a rare, factory two seat P40N! They have an aerobatic option in the biplanes and the front seats are modded to fit two slender people. They take walk-ins on the weekends but confirm that at 707-938-2444. Website is www.vintageaircraft.com. Tell them I sent you! (they are my landlord)
P40P51.jpgVintage Aircraft Co sign, planes.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks