• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cold weather coming, check your heater box for debris!

ehuppert

Quite a few years ago my new to me M1008 was warming up prior to plowing..... Looked outside and the cab was full of smoke!!!!!!!!!!!

Long story short, mouse nest in heater box was in contact with the heater resistor and caught fire.

Moral of the story is, if vehicle has been sitting, or chunks are blowing out the heater plenum when fan is on, fix it before it catches fire! Two bolts will get blower resistor out for a visual!

Burning mouse nest in heater box is pretty difficult to quickly extinguish, BTDT!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks