• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

combat wheel

macibell111

i got a combat wheel from the guy i bought my gpw from today and it was full of water ,had to cut the tire off.my question is how bad does a wheel have to be before it is unusable .had lots of rust but not all the way through.i think i will use it as a spare for looks.i can grind most of the rust from it ,the bolts came off with some pb blaster and a wrench,and are the bolts that hold it together available?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, rusted combat wheels are routinely used, just as long as it's not rusted too badly. Also check for wallowed out lug holes and bent centers. Get yours sandblasted and zinc primed, that will preserve it and let you know what you have. The bolts and nuts are available from your favorite WWII Jeep parts supplier, there are quite a few now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks