• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Composite Light Lense Fit/Availability

m38inmaine

I recently bought 2 sets(front/rear)of composite light lenses from Frank's for my deuce as the ones I have now are badly faded. The lights are original Prestolite units. When the lenses arrived I noticed the screws were pretty flimsy, not like the origianals which appear to be stainless or coated and larger in diameter. When I tried to fit them they would not go on and it appeared that the metal divider in the housing was hitting on the new lense. I tried trimming the metal back and that helped some but in order for them to fit flush and tight I would ahve to really crank on the screws and probably crack the lense. I am curious if anyone else has had this problem with the aftermarket lenses and if there is a known source of new OEM lenses available. Frank's said to return them and that they have had no other complaints on the fit.

acetomatoco

Usually there are new ones available at the New England rallies during the summer... Go to the VT, NH, MA, RI and NY shows and you will find some... ACE

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My xm757 lenses were very "faded" also and my intent was to look for replacements, but after polishing them up with Brasso, they are very acceptable now. Don't know about the fit of new ones....

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't know if the images do justice to my statement above, but here they are, before and after. Some cracks in the lens was revieled by the Brasso, perhaps a good pressure wash will take care of that (the Brasso caught in the cracks, that is).
Note: I'm a "functions" kind of guy, not a "restorer".

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks