• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Compression testing tomorrow

Keith_J

I have a Performance Tool W89731 kit, it lacked the glow plug adapter. So I bought Lang Tools TU-15-2A. But it's quick connect doesn't work with the PT quick coupler. Darn it.

One of my other hobbies is precision air rifles, specially pre charged pneumatics. Well, the industry standard connection is a small Foster style. And it fits the glow plug adapter.

So I spun off a female Foster coupler, it is threaded 1/8 NPT. The PT kit has the necessary adapter for its proprietary QD to 1/8 NPT. Since this 1/8 NPT adapter also has a Schraeder valve, I spun that out as the Lang glow plug adapter has one. The two valves could trap pressure which would lock the QD and could be a hazard. Always watch out with stored energy.

Yes, it tested out fine as my gauge set can now hook up to my 4500 PSI compressor. Only ran it to 500 PSI for leak testing which is just a second of compressor run.

Nice when hobbies meld.

Attachments

Last edited:

ezgn

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a Performance Tool W89731 kit, it lacked the glow plug adapter. So I bought Lang Tools TU-15-2A. But it's quick connect doesn't work with the PT quick coupler. Darn it.

One of my other hobbies is precision air rifles, specially pre charged pneumatics. Well, the industry standard connection is a small Foster style. And it fits the glow plug adapter.

So I spun off a female Foster coupler, it is threaded 1/8 NPT. The PT kit has the necessary adapter for its proprietary QD to 1/8 NPT. Since this 1/8 NPT adapter also has a Schraeder valve, I spun that out as the Lang glow plug adapter has one. The two valves could trap pressure which would lock the QD and could be a hazard. Always watch out with stored energy.

Yes, it tested out fine as my gauge set can now hook up to my 4500 PSI compressor. Only ran it to 500 PSI for leak testing which is just a second of compressor run.

Nice when hobbies meld.
Well if the Great bang can cause all life as we know it to exist, surely, just once in the while, something should go right.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks