• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Confused? M211... G749... M135... Deuce vs early deuce....????

mcv1964

Ok, just trying to get my head straight and this is no easy thing to do...lol!

What is the difference in these threads between a "early deuce" and "deuce"?

I see different threads using the models M211, G749 and M135. What is the difference in these models, are they the same basic vehicle just different years?

Like I said, just trying to get my head straight. I read a lot of different threads for info and knowledge and getting confused. I have a M135 and trying to get as much knowledge as possible. I have yet to start working on mine but that time is fast approaching.

My focus for the last year has been on getting healthy. I was at 412 lbs but have lost 123 pounds and am now up and moving around and looking forward to my bus and M135 being my exercise program. I still have another 120 pounds to go but am on my way!

IMG_0620.jpg

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
G749 is kind of the series of the truck. There are various different trucks in the G749 family that are based on the same design. m211 has dual rear wheels with a wide bed with a flat floor. m135 has single rear wheels in the back with a narrower bed with wheelwells. m215 is the dump truck version, m220 is the shop van, m221 is a truck tractor.
Not all of the parts interchange between them but most do.

As far as "early deuce" vs. "deuce" forums on the board they're used to separate the g749 series trucks and the g742 (m35) series. They're from about the same time period so there are some m35 trucks in the "deuce" forum that are earlier than some g749 trucks here but that's just how the forum was setup. The majority of g742 trucks on the site are from the 1960s and up so I guess it makes a little sense when you look at it that way.

SturmTyger380

To me the division is-

Government Contract # G749 (M211, M135, ....) - gas fuel - Early Category

Government Contract #G742 - M34/35 - gas fuel - Early

#G742 - M35,M35A1,A2,A3 Diesel or Multi Fuel - Late or Current.

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the Army supply system, there are various "groups" for different assets. Group "G" is vehicles and fighting vehicles. Within the group, a number is assigned to each "family" of vehicles. The 1950's GM deuce family (M135, M211, M215 etc) is 749. The WWII GM deuce family is 508. The Reo pattern deuce is 742. So, shorthand for your truck is: G749, meaning Group G, and subgroup 749.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks