• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Connie the Chevy powered goat.

tburk49760

I have been the steward of the Chevy v8 powered goat for about the last ten years and have had many adventures with her. Sadly, I think that my fleet is getting too large and have been contemplating letting someone else take her on adventures. She is plenty drive able and will do 60mph! Tires in decent shape and overall looks great. Paint needs refreshing. She has a hard top installed currently. I have many spare parts including, rear canvas, transmission, t-case, a arms, truss kit, 5 spare tire/wheels, pto, winch, pto shaft and trans tunnel cover. Not interested in separating unless a buyer didn't want the extras. Any thoughts on value? Pictures very soon. As I write this, I realize parting with Connie may be impossible. Tim.

m38inmaine

There have been 2 for sale on the big E for several months, 5500-7500 with no bids, running original no spares near you. I don't know how you would value a re-power, have never seen one for sale. Plenty of us including me would be interested in the spares but that doesn't sound like an option. Look forward to seeing the pictures of it.

dmetalmiki

The M561 is a rare item over here, worth quite a bit (at least £10,000) BUT, there is just no money around the hobby at this point in time..and nothing but nothing is selling hardly, and we see the same vehicles re-appearing on sales sites..to no avail. I did manage to sell a jeep, and the F350 ambulance after 3 years (!) trying..And the goat is under negotiation at this time.

BillIdaho

A handful of years ago there was a guy with w real German name-----"something-meister", (Wernermeister maybe?) that had a Chevy-powered Goat. As I recall, I think he was also the guy that he took a carrier from another Goat and made a trailer, which really looked cool---like an 8 wheeled Goat! He had a pretty neat looking hardtop cab built for it. Last year at the spring Lodi MV show, a guy showed up in another Chevy-powered Goat.
It appears most of the Goat interest here appears to be for the most part purists. As much as we "articulate our concerns" (how's that for being politically correct!?) about the factory engine, switching to something else is often times considered taboo. (Even if it does mean easier on parts, more power, etc. Go figure, huh?)
I am within the "purists" ranks. However, I DO enjoy seeing the ingenuity involved in the transplant.

tburk49760

It would be really easy to go back to stock. This one was changed for driveability and because the Detroit dropped a valve and self destructed. This is capable of sustained 60 mph road trips. I've kept my eyes open for a deal on the Detroit just to have...

wsucougarx

Got any pics of her? I've been looking for a Goat. I'm amongst the purist group that wants to keep everything original. That includes the LOUD 3-53. Would like to see pics of your girl though.

dmetalmiki

It would be really easy to go back to stock. This one was changed for driveability and because the Detroit dropped a valve and self destructed. This is capable of sustained 60 mph road trips. I've kept my eyes open for a deal on the Detroit just to have...
hmm, ours buzzes along quite happily at that speed with the original engine unit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks